- Compare dollars, not rates;
- Make sure that you have equal amounts financed;
- Check that repayments include or exclude GST, monthly account keeping fees, origination or other upfront fees, and/or shortfall insurance;
- Ensure equal balloon / residual values; and
- Consumer Lease or Chattel Mortgage facilities will have different repayments.
If you have a true apples to apples comparison, car dealers cannot beat the services of a good finance broker. Thanks again to Brent Starrenburg at Connective P&E.